Jun 29, 2012

Review - Bourjois


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #51





Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #51
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #51 and Healthy Mix Foundation in #51
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #51


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #51and  Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #51
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #51and  Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #51
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #51and  Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #51
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #51and  Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #51

Today's post is a review/comparison between Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Healthy Mix foundation. The Healthy Mix foundation has had a place in my makeup collection for a while now, however, I only recently acquired the Healthy Mix Serum foundation.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #51
I like this foundation for its non-drying, medium coverage, lightweight and easy to blend texture. I find that during winter, the foundation applied on its own, dries a semi-matte/velvety finish and in the summer, it dries semi-matte/natural looking skin finish. I don't set this with powder as I find it then becomes too matte for my personal liking.

*Please note that the images of swatches were taken when they weren't completely dry yet, hence showing a dewy finish. Both foundations, applied on my skin, most of the time gives me a semi-matte/natural finish.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #51
Like the Healthy Mix, the Serum also dries semi-matte/natural finish. Some differences I found were that the Serum foundation has slightly less coverage, dries quicker upon application and seems a bit more watery in consistency. I also find that the Serum streaks less when blending and looks a shade slightly lighter compared to the original Healthy Mix #51. They both have a similar fruity scent which I find pleasant.

I like that the Serum comes packaged in a glass bottle compared to the original's plastic packaging. Furthermore, the thing I don't like about the Healthy Mix foundation packaging is that the corner of the sticker label peels off soon after a few handlings (as shown below) and consequently, I find myself peeling off the whole thing.


What are your thoughts?