Aug 13, 2012

Review - The Face Shop

The Face Shop Face It Aqua Tinted BB Cream in #01 Light Beige



The Face Shop Face It Aqua Tinted BB Cream in #01 Light Beige

click image to enlarge

The Face Shop Face It Aqua Tinted BB Cream in #01 Light Beige


The Face Shop Face It Aqua Tinted BB Cream in #01 Light Beige


The Face Shop Face It Aqua Tinted BB Cream in #01 Light Beige



The Face Shop Face It Aqua Tinted BB Cream in #01 Light Beige
This BB cream has a warm peach/beige undertones and provides sheer coverage. It has a very watery consistency and feel very lightweight and comfortable on the face. It is easy to blend, dries  relatively quick upon application providing a semi-matte finish. It also gives a pleasant cooling sensation when applying and has a pleasant soapy scent.

The main thing I don't like about this BB cream is that it makes my face appear visibly white, giving a slightly ghastly look. It almost looks as though I applied a very white sunscreen. The product appears as though it would remain beige in colour, and looks okay swatched/blended on my arm as shown above, so I was surprised at the way it looked on my face. Maybe it has to do with coming in contact with moisturiser that causes it to turn a white-ish shade.
I currently use this as a tinted sunscreen, and I will apply I darker shade over it to counteract the white.
Have you tried this? If so, what did you think?